The Joys of Life
Trading time for money is something I have gotten used to most of my adult life. As I grow older, I realised this way of working is not going well for me. Yet I have struggled to break free from this mould.
Soon, I will be able to have more free time, at the expense of being able to continue earning an income. I will make use of this time to regain my balance and also focus more on my health, and finding what I most want to do as a career going forward.
Having the space and time to do things I want is a precious thing, so I want to start thinking about what it is I like to do and brings more balance to my life.
Here’s a short list of things that bring me joy:
- Talking to my partner and good friends
- Travelling (and the planning process)
- Being in nature
- Reading and reflecting on important topics (I don’t do enough of this!)
- Enjoying a nice meal
- Watching J-dramas
- Going to the fish farm (and observing my pets)
- Learning new things that I find interesting
Seems like I’m quite a boring person huh? Hopefully I will be able to indulge in the above while I have the free time, and find a way to figure out my next steps while I’m at it.